Tuesday, February 15, 2011

yesterdays...

Monday, February 14, 2011
I am writing these on the actual days butttttt with the internet being so on and off it is hard to actually post them on the day. So this is being written Monday night. But not posted until probably tuesday sometime. 
Sooooo, today was my first day with the children at the orphanage. This is my daily schedule.
Which I did today.
7-8+/- : Breakfast with the family
8:00-8:45 personal devotions
8:45-9:00 walk to the children's home
9-12 work with momma and preschoolers
Today we did colors, animals, plants, went over the alphabet once, colored, went on a walk around the compound. We also did puzzles and small games. Today was more of intro day. Fun to kind of get to know the kids. Trying to build some trust so they want to listen to me. I worked with momma, the mother figure at the orphanage, for about an hour. While trying to entertain 5 kids under 6. There are 2- 3 yr olds at the children's home, along with a semi-discabled 6 yr old, and then momma has her 2 grandsons who are 2 that were with our group today. So it was quite entertaining to watch me try to color and teach momma letters, and sounds of the letters. So hopefully the days will get easier. 
12-12:15 walk home.
1:00-2:00 lunch
as my chore I do dishes after lunch. It is just to be part of the family. I like doing dishes any ways. If I don't cook it is my contribution to eating the good food!
3:00 back to the childrens home for a children's church type vbs setting.
then after that about 4:30 library time which is really cool all the children are allowed in the library. They do book check in and checking out of book. There are quite alot of books at the children's home, but there is no such thing as too many books. 
6:30 ish is dinner with the family. Usually it is fend for your self which reminds me of home. But tonight we had company so we had a nice dinner. Delicious soup and cheese and bread. A rendition of our tomato soup with grilled cheese.  

However, on Tuesdays I will be doing an art class in the afternoon. I don't know if I will be doing it tomorrow, or today, because we have guests over and we are taking them into a town a little ways away and having a picnic as a family and with the guests for the day. I do not know what time we will be getting back from that though. 

Today, Monday, I got to talk to Erik again on the phone this time. Ate all my minutes though : / But it was well worth it! I sent him an orchid for valentines as a surprise and got to hear how surprised he was! I love giving gifts to other people. Especially when it is unexpected. We will celebrate valentines when I get back if we remember too. It seems so far away, me coming home. I just got here but my first week is almost over. Time is already going by quickly. It will move even more quickly when I get rolling on teaching/tutoring. Well it is late. 

Going to sleep. I will try to write on the actual day this time.
If the internets permits...

No comments:

Post a Comment