Thursday, February 17, 2011

Torn.

I know what I am doing is right. I am following what God has asked of me, however, there is this other side that pulls me. Worry.
This mornings devotion was on Matthew 5:25-27, which I am sure you all have read ;)
But it was talking about how the bird of the air goes about his day not worrying just knowing that God will provide. Yet, we as humans sit around and worry that we will go hungry. It is funny to think about, but it is just human nature.
I know that I am following God, but I am always worrying about different things. If He will keep me safe in the long travels, provide all the finances to travel, and even keep me safe once I am here. I know I am doing the right things so I need to not worry so much and just know He is going to provide. It is hard and takes practice. I know alot of people that want and know they should be on the mission field but it always "too much money" or "I don't have the time". Well quit it! If you are called then make it happen. God knows I am a stressor so He alleviated the stress in many aspects of coming to Africa especially.
I knew that the money would come, and I know being here walking down the street by myself that He will keep me safe.
We need to just be at Peace when it comes to "knowing" and if we don't know for sure then we need to listen more.
You can not hear where you are called if you are not listening.
I listened and I wound up across the world. This is the foundation of where God wants me in life. I need to always remind myself that.


I am loving Africa, especially Bamenda. We are in a huge Valley, surrounded by mountains. It is beautiful despite the trash all over. The people are beautiful.

I have my first Pigeon English lesson tomorrow. In return for Holly teaching me Pigeon I am teaching an art class once a week for her boys, that she home schools.
I feel at home, still 8 more weeks of growing relationships!
Miss home alot though...

3 comments:

  1. So true...So don't worry. Just keep reminding yourself of those verses. Isn't it so cool to know that you are doing God's will? Isn't it inspiring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...either we're using the same devotional or God has a huge sense of humor! I read the exact same verses on Thursday...and even though they are ingrained in my brain, I STILL have to work at not worrying sometimes. I love how God uses all kinds of situations to remind us that HE is in control and we are not.
    Love you...and am so proud of you for saying, "yes" when God called you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing the same devotional silly!!!
    thank you both!

    ReplyDelete