Don't really have a title for today.
Today was probably the hardest day for me since I have been in Cameroon. It was very unproductive so I had alot of time to sit and think about missing home. It was really hard today. I woke up pretty early and just pretty much read, played with the boys, and waited online to talk to people back home. Got to talk to Erik for about an hour, which was awesome after talking maybe 5 min all week.
I know that not really doing much today for the first time since I have been here pretty much makes it sink in that I am across the world from home and still have 8 weeks to go.
Please pray for me to find things to do by myself. I don't really have anyone here my age to be around. I am so used to always being around friends so being here, surrounded by people I met a little over a week ago is still hard to adapt to.
I really miss home.
Today we had company over again, it seems as though we always have people here. We have a man staying with us for the weekend from Teen Missions that wanted to be here to use the internet to talk with his wife back home.
Also, for dinner we had a family come over.
Even when I am home I don't really socialize when we have company so it is hard for me to be social all the time. It takes alot out of me when I am constantly surrounded by people. God is really testing me in different ways.I am trying really hard to adjust to living some where else away from everything I know and am comfortable with.
We are watching Slum Dog Millionaire with our guests. So that is nice to feel more comfortable, it is like being at my own home. I guess I am brave being here by myself in Africa, well traveling by myself and sort of being on my own most of the time in Africa. I just don't feel all that brave when I feel so far away.
No comments:
Post a Comment