I probably wont get time to do a morning devotion on the blog but since we are not slaughtering a pig this morning I have a bit more time than I thought. SO I will share with you all what I read and heard.
The other day on my blog I was talking about not understanding French while I was in France so I related it to how the people at the Tower of Babel felt.
Today in my reading God related that to in Psalms 81: 5 "He established it as a statute for Joseph, when he went out against Egypt. Where we heard a language we didn't understand"
I am not the only one, and I knew that. But to hear that great Bible figures went through the same thing it is relieving in a different kind of way. Some one can say "I understand" but I am the type of person that wont believe it until I see it. If that made any sense.
You will see in this blog that I type as I am thinking so it makes sense in my head, but may not to you. Sorry about that. Bare with me.
Another verse that stuck out to me this morning was Psalms 81:7 "In your distress you called and I rescued you. I answered you out of a thundercloud. I tested you at the water of Meribah"
I am distressed. Being away from home, friends, family, everything familiar. If I call to Him He will rescue me. This may be one of my new favorite verses. I can use this in many instanced when I am uncertain or fearful. Call and He will rescue. He will answer, if you ask, and then listen. He Will test me through my faith journey. Living the life as a missionary is not an easy one. Some one told me that is why missionaries are not that common because it is Not easy. "He will test you"
Will you trust Him in those tests or turn away?
No comments:
Post a Comment