Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nanna Ethel

So this is my nanna, Ethel.
I have known her since before I was born. She met my mom in church when my mom was pregnant with me. For a while my mom's mom wasn't around much. And my dad's mom lived in Tampa for the winter and upstate New York in the summers. SO I didn't really have biological grandma's around. Other than Nanna. She adopted me and my whole life I thought she was my real grandma until I was old enough to realize she was just a blessing. She was one of the most influential spiritual women I have ever met in my life. SHe never forgot my birthday, or any other holiday.

Yes, she always spelled my name wrong (Delanie), but how could you ever be upset with your grandma.
She was there for my mom through my drowning and I believe that she is a very influential part of my recovery.

This morning I woke up, and my mom told me she had passed in the night. She fell asleep and never woke up. She was a classy lady all her life, even till death. The perfect way to go.
She is now in Heaven with the two loves of her life Jesus and George, her husband.

She will be greatly missed, but I can not wait to see her again in Heaven.
She will forever be my loving grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment