Thursday, February 23, 2012

The past six months have been a world wind and a stand still. Hard to explain but I will try. When I got back from Africa I began to work for the church as a youth intern. The summer flew by and was one of my craziest summers.
I was working full time at the church and part time at a coffee shop. Let me tell you it was not as fun as "summer vacation" sounds.

I returned back to school in the Fall. QUit the coffee shop job not only did I feel overwhelmed but I wasn't getting paid for the hours I was working.

Working at the church began to be good then I just felt myself being driven into the ground. Working at a church and attending the church is not a good mixture for a young lady who needs to be spending quality time with my God, and when that was supposed to be happening having to run errands. It was hard to balance time with God and time working at the church. They were one, instead of being separate entities.

Me and Erik started going to a new church in about December and ever since then, our relationship together and our relationships with God has flourished. I have not been happier or closer to God in possibly my whole like. And me and Erik's relationship is stronger since we are putting God in the middle. Both of us read our Bible's every day, pray, and do devotions. I know that God but Erik in my life not only to get him closer to God but since Erik is more amped on God than me sometimes we encourage eachother so much it is so amazing the relationship God handed me just because I listened to the call he had on my life.



I don't know how to explain it to nonbelievers because I don't even understand how you could not Love God with all your heart. Because of the love He has for us, how can we not return it as best we can. I am taking a class with a teacher that is a claiming atheist. It is very hard to talk about Christianity or any other religion where he bashes the thought of there being a God.

I truly believe God spoke us into existence therefor even if we do not know Him yet we are in a constant need and search for some one or something to fill that void that only God can fill. That is my explanation for kids acting out, for girls being slutty, for some people that drink, smoke, and do drugs, because they are constantly trying to fill that void, or they are trying to drown out that need and desire.

One of my goals this year is to be more vocal for God. I have never been afraid to stick up for God, but I want to win Him souls, and when I arrive in Heaven to have a line out the door of people that I showed the way to get the One.

I know that I feel like I am in a standstill living at home and working a minimum wage job that makes my unhappy to go to every day, but I am living my life for God. I did what he asked and I am still, so I can be happy in that aspect. I know that He is going to show me favor. For example, I am already praying and believing for the job of a lifetime that I am working so hard for every day and that I deserve. God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment