Thursday, February 23, 2012

Erik and I

It has been almost a year since I blogged last when I got back from Africa, and now 2 in a row.

I really don't want people to read this but if they decide to its fine.

I feel like I should write a book. Two summers ago I was sitting in a gym in North Carolina just having quiet time with my loving God. He didn't really tell me in a quiet voice you expect to hear from God but more a booming, you will do what I say if you know what's good for you voice. So when I came home from the week mission trip I went on I sat my parents down and told them I was no longer going back to Orlando in the Fall and that I was going to go on missions trips. I didn't know where, or with who. But God did. He had a plan for me before I could even hesitate I got connected with an organization called Win OUr Nations and I was going to India in a few months so I better start saving my money and preparing my heart for a change.

Little did I know that I was going to quit school, travel the world and meet the love of my life this year.

The night before I left for India, I was extremely nervous and excited. Erik decided to make me dinner for my going away and now looking back it was our first date in disguise. I left for India the next day wondering what it all meant; are we dating? does he like me?
I was confused but excited all the same.

In India on top of traveling all over the place and seeing more than my eyes and heart had bargained for...I thought about Erik every day. We only had our first date and now I am in India. In the two weeks we did so many things. On top of it I got pink eye and so did several people on my team.

I couldn't get him off my mind. Never did I imagine I would feel this way about some one especially clear across the world. I got back from India, and we continued dating. About a month later Erik asked me to be his girlfriend.

I was so happy to be with him, but my adventure was not over being a missionary. So I started saving for my trip to Africa. I was going to leave on February 4th and return April 11th. Many adventures and heart pulling moments (as you can read in my previous blogs) but every day I tried to at least talk to Erik.

How could our relationship stay strong through me being in different countries more than I had been with him. I didn't expect this blog entry to be all about Erik but apparently it is.
We are so happy and I am just waiting for the day when I get to marry him.

No comments:

Post a Comment