Today we just had church this morning.
We had a guest speaker. He is a pastor who has been a missionary in cameroon with his wife for 50 years. They are in their 70's. It is amazing they have been around longer than most Cameroonians have even been alive. He spoke on being a Mary instead of a Martha. How may invested time with Jesus when he was on earth, and Martha was too busy running around trying to make everything perfect. I am more like Martha, I like every thing in order. I try to be go with the flow but it doesn't always come naturally. So we need to be more like Mary. Not only when it comes to our relationship with God but I need to with people as well. Because I tend to not let people in to often or quickly I tend to push people away more than getting to know or learn something from them.
So after church as a family we went to this restaurant which overlooks Bamenda up on a hill. So beautiful. It was breezy and outside. Second time I have had chicken in the past 7 weeks. So good.
The funny thing is the couple pulled up at the same time as us and we got to sit with them for lunch and hear stories from how Cameroon has really grown and changed. So amazing these people.
I was happy to have met them.
Got home kinda late in the afternoon. Restaurants here are way different. You get there and order, then sit there for any hour, most likely longer than that. Because they are actually like killing the animals while you are sitting there. Crazy to think about. They said that the chicken is really tough because they have to chase the chicken around the yard, and the muscles are all tense. Its really funny to think about...
So then we got home and hung out a little. Did some laundry.
When I was out back there was this dead, dismembered, giant rat. I have seen the dogs kill one before but this one was just lying there, dead, with all its guts hanging out. Very nice sight, not really.
Well I am trying to read as many books as I can but I get so tired after long days here so I end up falling asleep after like 10 pages, which is a good means to fall asleep I guess.
Well I am going to go enjoy the rest of my Sunday.
Hope you do to.
No comments:
Post a Comment