Another fun day with the kids, cant believe this week is already half way over. It is so bitter sweet. I am anticipating going home yet growing these relationships with the kids.
Today we did a small art project. Sort of did what I could with limited art supplies. I have construction paper, chalk and crayons. So you take construction paper, make a design on the paper with chalk then take a white crayon, which there is no other use for a white crayon, and you go over all the chalk to seal it to that paper. That is the background then they draw a picture on top of it crayon, marker, or pen. We only has crayons so they did that. It was alot of fun. There is one kid Kari, who if he had art lessons he would just be phenomenal. With no training or anything he draws this 3-quarter view of a car. I mean I can barely draw a car from a profile view let alone 3/4's. He got into the paint with out asking over the weekend which isn't good to kind of sneak, but I feel like he is one of those kids who needs to express themselves. I wish I brought paint and stuff to paint on. I would give it all to him. I know how it feels for no one really to understand me and art isn't exactly expressing me or showing what is going on inside but it is sure a good distraction from the crazzyness of life.
Then we played outside, the boys all ran around with small small boys in wheel barrows, which I was so mad my camera battery was dead when I turned it on. So just got home and plugged it in. We played chalk for a long while, it was really hot, but the kids love some one giving them attention. I taught them how to make a cube, and an open box. Funny little things that kids learn super young in the states, shading a cube, they have never learned. It is just such an honor to teach them something that I hope they remember for a long time. I want to be some one they remember for a long time and miss.
Taught mommy today too, but she seemed very disinterested so we did a short lesson. Read to her in her Bible about Ester because we learned Qu today so I wanted to read about a Queen to relate what she is learning to then what she will in the end be reading. I am very new at this so I hope that I am helping.
Near the end before I left to come home for lunch, I read some books to some of the kids, that wanted me to. On Mondays they have library time, they actually have alot of donated books, and the kids get to "check out" books. So I read their library books to the ones who cant really read all that well. Which I thought was really fun, it drew a crowd.
Good morning.
Well going to eat lunch,
write later.
No comments:
Post a Comment