Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Morning the 26th, 2011
I am really trying to get into a routine here. Waking up and doing my personal devotions. I am going to be honest with you, at home I would every now and then but never every single morning at the same time, diligently. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, so I am trying to get into the habit of doing devotions EVERY day! Along with the "Challenge" that we are doing at Trinity, which I have been following since I have been here, I am also trying to read a chapter in the Bible every day. The Lord has never showed me a verse by itself, but more of a book. It's like He says " I want you to read _____ book." And I usually start it and read to where i am supposed to read and then I get distracted and then it happens again and I pretty much just jump around, which isn't bad but I know I need to be more diligent. SO today having no electric and much to do at all, also post-poning starting a new novel, God told me a couple days ago that He wanted me to read Colossians. I began today. Always on my timing... which I am sad to report I didn't obey right away. But if I hadn't started today I wouldn't have got out of it what I just did. 
Colossians, as it says in the beginning of the book in my Bible, that the Colossians were confused when it came to Horoscopes, palm readers, and ouija boards. So black magic is more as we know it now. Paul wrote Colossians to explain who Jesus is and how you can stay close to Him. 
So before I explain what I learned in the first chapter, this morning Holly asked me if I would like to accompany Jake, Tim, Tom ( a teen missions missionary leader) and a couple other men, as they go into a village a couple hours away and bring 3 children back to the orphanage. There mother had just died and they had No one. So of course I said "Yes!" I wouldn't have come if I didn't want to experience the 'real' side of things. and I felt like my mentality along with being "fruitful" went along with chapter 1, verse 10: "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the Knowledge of God." It is just really funny how making one decision, a whole chapter in the Bible can stand out and just show me that it was the right one. Also, in verse 13 "or he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves." Because we are going in to bring these children out of darkness and into the light of God at the children's home. I am so excited to be part of what God is doing here. It really is uplifting, especially since yesterday I wasn't really lifted in the spirit. But today it just is turned around to show, 1. I made the right decision and 2. Because we are bringing these kids who have nothing to a loving kingdom at the children's home. Giving them life again from the darkness of having no one. 

I don't know if I will finish Colossians but I am just refilled from reading the first chapter. It is just funny when I began to doubt being here a little that God just comes in and kind of gives me a pat on the back, a little whisper saying I am doing the right thing. I know that I get discouraged expecting to do something Every Single Day, and if I don't I feel like I am not doing the right thing, but the life of the missionary is the "big picture" not the little things, which do matter, but to me being enveloped in that it doesn't seem so great to me. But I know what I am doing is right. I just want to see immediate results, but I need to be patient.
  












No comments:

Post a Comment