Way better day than the last like 4...
So that is good!
Today I worked with Ma, not moving to hastily but she IS indeed learning which is so awesome to be a part of. She will be reading her Bible in no time, which is her goal. I am happy to be part of a goal in the progress of being reached. I then worked on the mural a little. Jut have to go back tomorrow and finish the lettering but other than that I will be finished. Which I am happy about because I feel alot of pressure about that in particular. Don't want to put something on a wall where I will be leaving. I want people to like it, it is where they live. So I am happy how it is turning out, I hope everyone else does.
Other than painting I worked with 3 other people about my age that work at the children's home to help cook and help with all the children. They have never painted before! So I changed that. There was an empty box in the garage, so I ripped it apart and gave them each a piece, we sat on the garage floor and painted silly little pictures. But I am so happy I got to be there just that small little thing made my day. Helping some one paint who has never painted before. I have been painting since birth I feel like. Always had art lessons and just have done arts and crafts my whole life. When they said "Oh, I am bad at painting and drawing." and I asked how many times they had done it? They answer "never", I had to change that!
So I told Norbert, the house brother, who helps at the house with the boys, to find something for all of the kids to paint on and we will have an art/ painting day. Which is surprising hard to find materials to paint on. You cant just paint on paper here, the paint is so thick and messy. So he is excited to find some card board so we can all paint together. We are actually getting to be pretty good friends, he is 18 and is in secondary school which I feel like is like highschool but a little bit ahead, more like the beginning of university. Which is a great accomplishment around here. He challenge me to solving math equations today, not alot of people know this about me but I really enjoy math, and he was surprised how fast I solved a problem. Funny.
I am happy today was better, made me really happy.
On the way home from my morning work I was walking home and got to see the rest of the children get out of school. So just giving them high-fives and joking with them passing by was also a highlight of my day.
Just thank God for the little things that make us happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment