Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One crazy think about internet in another country is that every other website I pull up it redirects it into French. Then I cant even find out how to switch it back, because I do not know French! haha
Some of my websites end in .uk which is just crazy.
Some websites don't work because they don't work outside of the US, which I think is the craziest. I did not know the internet only worked, well some sites, only work with in the US. Very interesting.

Well yesterday was probably the worst day for me since I have been here. All at once it hit me how much I missed home. Which I have been home sick the whole time not going to lie, but yesterday I lost all patience. Which isn't like me. So I was pretty frustrated. Today is better just writing before I have to go work on the mural. That is also getting to me. I used to painting on small, smooth surfaces, and the wall I am working on is HUGE and very rigid. Which doesn't make my life easy. If I decide to shade or highlight that takes my whole morning. Thursday it took me 3 hours to just do shading. Yesterday I did 3 things and it took me 3 hours. Its just frustrating to think I am not going as fast as I would like. I have 3 weeks left, a little less, and I want to spend as much time with the kids as I can, but I have to finish this. I am just putting alot of stress on myself I know, but I will not leave with out it being finished.

bah!
So today Sandrine, the little girl who is getting the leg braces, is going back to the hospital to get fitted and most likely stay there for 2-4 weeks, depending on how she does in her braces. I was intimidated being there with all the different ages people in leg braces walking around, I can not comprehend how scared she is going to feel being there. She just got comfortable at the children's home for 4 months and now they are sending her to a hospital for lets say a month tops. You and I both know it is in her best interest to go there and get "fixed" but it's just scary to think about being 6 and being some where uncomfortable. I cant wait to hear the report of her full recovery and her playing futbol with all the other kids on the compound. We are all believing that is going to happen with in the year. She is walking on her own after 5 years of not ever walking, I can not imagine how fast her recovery is going to be. She is so strong. (strong willed!)
Well I am off to walk to the children's home...
Talk later

No comments:

Post a Comment