So I mean to write every day by the time I think about writing again its like 3 days later. Crazy how time is flying. I have 4 weeks left here and I am still trying to figure out what God is teaching me, or what I was supposed to learn being here.
Last I wrote was Sunday. Relaxed and recovered from our long hike.
Then Monday- Today (TH) I have just painted my mural in the mornings and in some afternoons. Yesterday, Wednesday night I went to a Faith Bible School class that Tim one of the missionaries involved in Win Our Nations taught. I really wanted to go to see every aspect of what they are doing here.
It was mostly a group of people in their 30's+. It is not cheap for them here to be taking college level classes so you have to be a little more well off to be taking these classes. Even though the classes all together, if you took 4, would only be like $40 tops. I said to Tim, thats so cheap for a college level class and he said that they only make like $2 a day. So that put things in perspective huh. The class was very interesting, long but good. My favorite thing about the class was the time before it started. All the students only about 14 including me stood up and just starting singing. No instruments, just clapping and our voices. I don't know how to explain but you could just feel God there with us. They were so full of Him and it was all around them. It was a surreal experience for sure. I don't know how to explain it. I was like over-whelmed with emotions. I was saying how great is our God, that I am in Africa, half way across the world and we are singing praises to the same God. I mean the same mission work in our communities back home is glorifying the same God in Africa. I don't know how I always have all this doubt about being here, even about God being real. Trying to fathom Him, when it is so apparently true. How can we be talking, having a relationship with, and singing praises to this God in two completely different places if He is not real.
Well, today I finished the first mural, the logo one. Felt good. I will show pictures of that when I get back home. Kind of a presentation type thing. I want some anticipation for me coming home. I don't want people to not be excited for me getting home because we have nothing to talk about because they read my blog you know!?! :)
It looks really good. Alot of detail work, so took all week. Cant wait to start the next one Monday because its a little bit more free. I can do more of me, instead of just a logo. I do love script so I added a "Delanee flair" but I am still more excited to start this next one on Monday. Tomorrow I am going to do an art class with the boys I am staying with, and hopefully after get a Pidgin class.
Can't believe how time is flying.
Working with Ma is going great. She is learning slowly but she blames it on old age. I know that is the problem. You can teach an old dog new tricks, just takes patience. She thanked me today for having patience with her. I am taking things very slow. Sometimes it is hard on me because I already know it and it takes her alot to process, but the Lord did bless me with patience and just her thanking and acknowledging that I am patient is very rewarding. I feel like I am fitting in a little bit more. Walking to the children's home every day lets me see how beautiful Africa really is, I get to look at the mountains every morning and walk by all the beautiful people. My favorite thing in the morning is the big welcome every time I come to the childrens home..."Welcome! Auntie Lanee" the little girls run out every time. I know I am going to miss their cute little voices in the morning when I go home.
Apparently my name is hard to say to them. De-La-nee. So I introduce myself as Lanee, which makes me a little bit more comfortable because at home family and close friends are the only ones who call me that. So the kids here and Holly call me Lanee. I like it.
I do really miss home. I thought it would wear off but I know what I have back home is worth missing.
No comments:
Post a Comment