Wednesday March 2
Cant believe it is already March. The whole month of February went by so fast here. Sorry I haven't written all week but all weekend I didn't have power let alone internet. Monday and Tuesday I did the same ol' thing. Except this week I started painting the outside gate/perimeter fence at the children's home. This isn't a wall you think of its a surrounding gate that goes around the house. There are 7 panels, with columns in between . I am painting the panels an off white, and the pillars blue. Those are the children's home colors. Then I get to paint a mural on one of them and on another one i am writing the lo-go for the children's home. Helping Hands Children's Home. I am really excited about starting that.
Here is the process of painting here.
1. Cement the whole face of the gate
2. let it dry for a few days
3. wipe with scrapper and wet cloth with water to get all the dry sand so it doesn't get in the paint and or brushes.
4. white wash entire surface - white wash is a chalk primer type paint
5. oil base paint-2 coats.
Doing this by myself is not easy. But at least I get to have a project to get my mind off of missing home.
The week flys by. I can not believe that it is already Thursday tomorrow. My sunday to Friday goes by so fast. My saturday goes really slow, because I see how the Schilinski's have there traditions and their schedule's. I am trying to be part of it. It is just bitter sweet. It's hard to explain. I am really trying to be part of the family. Some one said to me at the beginning of my trip that they don't see how there are single missionaries. It is hard to not have some one to support you though. As missionaries, along with just being away from home, not just being away from home but being half way across the world, it is hard. I feel like it would be easier if you were either traveling with some one or married having that support is definitely better.
I don't really know much to write on this. There is alot of things that go through my head on a daily basis, but I don't really feel like writing it on a blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment