Thursday, March 3, 2011

weird day

Thursday March 3, 2011
weird day today.
when I was walking to the children's home as usual, there was a puppy. So cute all by itself. If anyone knows me at all I am the biggest sucker for puppies. Walking by I called it, and it came to me all happy and adorable. So I petted it and went on my way. But momma decided to walk up as I was walking by their house, her hair was standing up on her back and she was snarling at me. I have been bit by two dogs in my life. I remember 1 better than the other and that one bit me because I tried to run away from it. So I faced it until it calmed down. It definitely came at me about to bite me a couple times. MY heart was beating out of my chest. It is unbelievable how they treat dogs here. In America people treat there dogs better than there kids some times. You see dogs treated as peoples gods. There are so many t.v. shows based off dogs. Here people beat, leave in cages, and pretty much want them to attack people. I know crime rates are way higher here, but they shouldn't treat their animals so bad they are just animals. I miss my dog so much it is weird to say. I could never in a million years think about treating my dog that terribly. I miss my pup alot. 
Ok so I got to the children's home and me and sue painted all morning. Sue is the Born's daughter. The other family with Win Our Nations. SHe is 17 and has lived here since she was 12. I cant imagine living and growing up in Africa. She will be going to the states with her parents a week before I leave. It is going to be bitter sweet being in the states after 5 years being in Africa. I mean it is going to be a complete culture shock. 12-17 are such important years. But it would be really cool, like a conversation starter to say you lived in Africa. But she said that she gets alot of funny looks when she says she is from Africa. We got all the trimming of the off white/ looks more like yellow done. Went home and went back after lunch. It was really annoying though. In the states we take for granted how easy it is to get what ever we want and have it work fairly properly. Jake bought 5 rollers that fell apart so quickly. The job would have gone by so much faster if they has worked properly. The job is going by pretty fast though so I should be able to start my mural next week. 
Came home really late from painting, ate dinner. Then the power went out. Lovely day huh? I know its not supposed to be easy, but I am tired and wanted the internet to work before i fell asleep. Guess I wasn't meant to be online. Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment