Sunday, March 13, 2011

Power on a sunday!

First time in 3 weeks that we have had power AND internet on Sunday. WOoOo.
SO went to the Born's church this morning with all the kids from the children's home.
It was really good. Very different from the Schilinski's but different is good.
It was more "african". I don't know how to say it differently. It had a big choir, they sung more traditional African Christian songs, and it was long. Holly said that typically church services are really long and drawn out, and their church which is names Calvary Chapel Bamenda, it is "short" and stays on schedule. So I am happy that I could see the difference. And anytime I get a chance to spend with the kids makes me happy! They are so fun and have such awesome personalities.
SO today we are talking about "girl stuff" today at the Schilinski's. Bringing all the girls over and talking about girl stuff, and what to expect when they hit puberty and stuff. It is not talked about much here. More ignored, and it is definitely something that needs to be talking about. If it was talked of more the AIDs/HIV rates would have never gotten so high here in Africa. So as their "mother figure" Holly and Sarah Born take it upon them selves to talk to them to prepare them. I am happy to be involved. Talking to a younger person may help them be a little bit more at ease if they have any questions.
Pray for them to have ears to hear and not to be reluctant to asking questions they may have.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment