So today was wednesday. I had a very nice morning with the children and momma. I had a long last lesson with Ma. She finished her alphabet, and all the sounds. I had to write some lessons for the next person who decides to help momma next when I leave. Jake and I did some small small video clips to make a "trailer" type video for internships for Win Our Nations.
The small clips consisted of things I have done as an intern here. Teaching Ma, playing with the kids, doing chalk, Kid's club, playing the train set, just fun making the video and staging scenes. Today was sad, it is really hitting me I only have one day left.
In the past 2 weeks I have really bonded with everyone at HHCH and here in Bamenda. It is so crazy that 2 months have past so quickly.
So today we ran down to Prescraft so I could pick up a couple other things for people back home. Family mostly. Then it was Samuel's birthday, well Friday but Donna wanted me there. So honored. So they had the party today. It was very nice. The kids played alot of really cute inventive games. It was 3 missionary families kids and then some neighborhood kids. We made a parrot cake yesterday. Donna, Holly and I made it together, yesterday. Then today it just looked awesome. The Dibbet's have an African Grey so we sort of modeled the cake after that. Very inventive. Holly is a phenomenal cake maker, even in Cameroon has fondant artist. It is a very tedious job, making the feathers, beak, colors, and details. So crazy. Never would have done it if it weren't for the company.
So today at the party the company was enjoyable. I didn't play any games with the kids. I was playing with Jordan and Jude on the small swing set. I am very fond of Jude and know I am going to miss him so much. He has been my little bud since I have been here.
So when we were leaving the Dibbet's I shed some tears. It is so weird how I have gotten close to everyone so quickly. Donna has been very supportive and curious about me and my life which really shows that she cares. I am very happy to have met that family and gotten to know them personally. They are pretty close with the Schilinski's so me living with them really helped me get close as well.
I was thinking that seeing how emotional I got saying good-bye to the Dibbet's that I can not imagine tomorrow when I say bye to everyone at the Children's Home. I have spend majority of my time there. So I know it is going to be soooo difficult tomorrow. I don't really want to say good-bye. I don't know the next time I am going to be in Africa, but I know I really want to come back to keep the relationships I have started going. I want to come back to see how the children have grown and so see how they are excelling.
I will write tomorrow about my last day.
Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment